Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tribute to Edna St. Vincent Millay



by

MY candle burns at both ends;
  It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends–
  It gives a lovely light! 
  


For more of Terry Borders and his delightful  interpretations of the secret life of everyday things look here   For more information on Edna St. Vincent Millay, follow this link.  The verse above is from her1922 book "A Few Figs from Thistles"

thanks to @wieb for sending the link to me in the first place

5 comments:

Meg said...

utterly perfect! I will never interpret this poem the same way again.

Unknown said...

isn't it a hoot? I love the pic

JamaGenie said...

Perfect!!!

Para Glider said...

That's a great pairing of picture and verse - nicely seen :)
(p.s. I've added your blog to the blogroll at Paranormal Hotel).

Unknown said...

paraglider-- how lovely to see you and thank you for the add to your blogroll. The Paranormal Hotel is going right to mine:-)