Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Peeps and Sushi

If it's Easter,it's time for Peeps, those spongy,cardboard- tasting little candy chicks that no Easter basket is complete without. But Peeps are not just for Easter Baskets anymore. If you've been looking to expand your Peeps repertoire SeriousEats.com is where you should go for step by step instructions, including photos, for making " Peepshi" or Peeps sushi. Talk about blending eastern and western culinary traditions-- this is amazing.

Happy Easter everybody.

3 comments:

JamaGenie said...

I can't stomach sushi no matter how "cute" it's made, so I'll just stick with the spongy Peeps, a once-a-year indulgence. btw, I don't think they taste like cardboard! Happy Easter to you too!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm I'm into sushi but still think peeps taste like mushy cardboard-- but then I don't like cotton candy either so there is no accounting for taste. Happy Easter yerownself:-)

iwalkiwrite said...

East meets west sushi mash-up...I'm willing to try anything. I am yet to find a food stuff I do not like!